Meaningful Community Engagement
Research shows social relationships impact our physical health, mental health, and even our mortality risk. The more we connect with others, the better we feel about ourselves and our live. One goal at our Activities and Training Centers is to provide a variety of opportunities for people with disabilities to make connections. Our plans are shaped by the person-centered outcomes of the individuals we serve.
- Organize daily activities to engage with other individuals at the center such as art, singing, or watching a movie.
- Take trips to places like the zoo, bowling, festivals, and touring local businesses.
- Set up volunteer opportunities at places like animal shelters and food pantries.
- Plan group holiday and birthday celebrations.
- Life and work skills training.
- Bring our centers together at least four times a year for a basketball tournament, bowling tournament, a dance, and a trip to the Pumpkin Show.
Goodwill provides transportation to and from our Activities and Training Centers and their activities. We also may provide transportation for employment. We have wheelchair accessible buses and equipment in our centers to care for those with personal care needs.
Certified and Accredited
At Goodwill, we strive to form caring relationships with those we serve.
We are a certified provider through the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities. Our community employment services have earned accreditation by CARF, an independent, nonprofit organization focused on advancing the quality of services you use to meet your needs for the best possible outcomes.
Our staff certifications include:
- Provider certification through the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities.
- Medication administration
- CPR and First Aid
- Certified Employment Support Professional
- Career discovery certification