Let Us Help You Find The Job You Want
- Meet with you one-on-one to provide vocational services.
- Explore the jobs and careers you are interested in.
- Provide resume and interview assistance.
- Help you become successfully employed
Let’s face it, building a resume is tough. At Goodwill, we get to know you, your interests, and your skills, so we can highlight them as we work to find the right employer for you. We’ll help build your confidence and polish your skills so employers can see the value you bring to their operation.
Do you have trouble finding an employer willing to give you a chance? No matter the barrier – such as a criminal record, disability, substance abuse disorder, age – we can help.
Once you have a job, Goodwill may continue to provide you with support for your new employment such as:
- Help you resolve any issues you may have with your employer.
- Help you identify transportation resources.
Find Employment In Our Mission Areas
- Organize daily activities to engage with other individuals at the center such as art, singing, or watching a movie.
- Take trips to places like the zoo, bowling, festivals, and touring local businesses.
- Set up volunteer opportunities at places like animal shelters and food pantries.
- Plan group holiday and birthday celebrations.
- Bring our centers together at least four times a year for a basketball tournament, bowling tournament, a dance, and a trip to the Pumpkin Show.
Help people build resumes, coach them through job trainings and opportunities, and find resources for longevity in employment.
We provide non-medical transportation to and from our Activities and Training Centers and for programming. Transportation also is provided for career exploration and job training.
Goodwill is seeking staff to provide Homemaker Personal Care to individuals with Developmental Disabilities.
Our CARE program is an in-home assistance program and spans our entire region of 8 counties.
Find Careers In
One Of Our Stores
We have stores in Athens, Chillicothe, Circleville, Jackson, Logan, McArthur, Waverly, and Washington Court House. Job postings typically are posted on store Facebook pages or Indeed.
Goodwill operates a Shop Goodwill eCommerce store from our Circleville store.
We operate a warehouse in Chillicothe. Warehouse operations include servicing our stores, handling our salvage program, and fulfilling orders for protective gloves typically received from government agencies including the state prisons.
To find career opportunities, call (740) 702-4000.
Goodwill of South Central Ohio typically posts job openings on its Facebook pages and Indeed.com. Applications also are available at all stores and the corporate office.
With more than 50 years of cumulative experience, Goodwill’s workforce development staff is trained and certified to help you find and retain employment.
No matter the barrier – such as a criminal record, disability, substance abuse disorder, age – we can help.
At Goodwill, we get to know you, your interests, and your skills, so we can highlight them as we work to find the right employer for you. We’ll help build your confidence and polish your skills so employers can see the value you bring to their operation.
Goodwill of South Central Ohio can often provide services for those who live in Athens, Fayette, Hocking, Jackson, Pickaway, Pike, Ross and Vinton counties at no cost to the individual.
Our staff are:
- Certified Employment Support Professionals
- Certified by Ohio Employment First
- Certified in CPR and First Aid
Goodwill partners with various local employers and provider agencies including:
- Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities
- Veterans Administration
- County Boards of Developmental Disabilities
- Paint Valley ADAMH
- Bureau of Workers Compensation
- Business partners have spanned a variety of fields including retail, food service, healthcare, veterinary, car dealerships, and insurance.
Goodwill also has a benefits analyst who can meet with you about how entering the workforce may impact any benefits you receive. Our community employment services also are CARF accredited.
I’m in! What do I do?
Call Goodwill at 740-702-4000 and ask for more information about the Workforce Development Program or other employment opportunities.
We’re available weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Goodwill of South Central Ohio
10 South Paint Street
Chillicothe, Ohio 45601