Currently, our pick up service is limited to Ross County, and furniture or household goods are required for a pick up so we can prioritize assistance to donors with oversized items. While it is hard to say “no” to donations, we are unable to accept some items. Please consult the Donation Guide before scheduling a pickup.
- Personal computers
- Televisions (ONLY NON TUBE TYPE)
- Clothing, shoes and boots
- Hats, gloves, mittens and scarves
- Books, records, compact disks, video tapes and DVDs
- Games, toys and sports equipment
- Housewares: dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, lamps and small appliances
- Collectibles, antiques, knick-knacks and other giftware
- Hand tools and small power tools
- Domestics: linens, curtains, blankets, etc.
- Electronics: stereos, radios, VCRs, DVD players, etc.
- Furniture: dressers, tables, sofas, bed frames, (except waterbed frames) etc.
- Other large items
- No household chemical products such as pesticides, paint, paint thinner, drain cleaner, oven cleaner, aerosols and other environmentally-unfriendly waste products
- No automotive hazardous waste such as tires, lead acid batteries, additives, gasoline, oils, antifreeze, etc.
- No large appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, stoves/oven, washers/dryers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, furnaces, microwaves, trash compactors, water heaters, large console stereos, freon-based appliances, etc that are not in working condition
- No personal care items such as shampoo, conditioner, nail polish remover, shaving cream, hairsprays, shavers, curling irons
- No fragrance items
- Nomattresses/box springs, including waterbed mattresses and waterbed frames
- No carpet or carpet padding
- No plumbing fixtures or building materials
- No traditional recyclables such as glass, newsprint, office paper, cardboard, plastics, magazines, junk mail, etc.
- No weapons such as guns, bows and arrows, ammunition, hunting knives, etc.
- No cribs, car seats, walkers or other products that do not meet the current safety standards of the US Consumer Products Safety Commission, including recalled items
Frequently Asked Questions about our pick up service
What items may be donated?
While it is hard to say “no” to donations, Goodwill of South Central Ohio is unable to accept certain items. Please refer to our donation guide above.
I’ve scheduled a pickup, what time will the truck arrive on my selected day?
We schedule pickups from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. While you will be given a specific date for your pickup, the arrival time could be at any point during that window depending on other pickups scheduled for the day.
Where do I put my donations?
For safety and liability reasons, our drivers are not able to enter your home or apartment building. Please make sure that donations are placed outside in an area that is visible. If you will not be present during pick up, ensure all items are clearly marked as a donation for Goodwill.
What if there is inclement weather on my scheduled day?
If the forecast calls for rain or snow on your pickup day we ask that donations be wrapped or covered in plastic and/or left in a covered area. If the weather prevents our truck from completing the route, you will be contacted to reschedule.
How do I cancel my scheduled pickup?
We understand plans change. If you need to cancel a pickup, please call us as soon as possible at 740-702-4000 Ext. 137 or email email@example.com.
How do I know if my home is accessible by a box truck?
Our truck measures 26 feet long and 12 feet high. Your home may not be accessible if you live on a narrow one way street with on street parking, live in a gated community, or have low overhanging branches or structures.
Do I have to be home?
No, donations may be left outside on the front porch, driveway, or curbside as long as they are clearly marked.
Are my donations tax deductible?
Yes, all donations to Goodwill of South Central Ohio are tax-deductible and you will receive a receipt upon a successful pickup. Goodwill cannot place value on donated goods and assumes no responsibility for the value placed on donations. You may calculate the impact of your donation by clicking below.