Donation Pickup Ross County
When you donate to Goodwill, you’ve taken the opportunity to become a job creator and make a significant difference in the lives of individuals living in your community. After you drop off your shirts, shoes, blankets, electronics and other items, we sell them in one of our Goodwill stores. When someone buys your item, we use that money to fund job training and other services for those with disabilities and disadvantages RIGHT HERE in our eight-county service territory. (Athens, Fayette, Hocking, Jackson, Ross, Pickaway, Pike, and Vinton counties).
Maximizing the value of your donations is important to us. In 2019, we used 87 percent of revenue to support and grow programs that result in significant social impact for your community members in need of work.
- Personal computers
- Televisions (ONLY NON TUBE TYPE)
- Clothing, shoes and boots
- Hats, gloves, mittens and scarves
- Books, records, compact disks, video tapes and DVDs
- Games, toys and sports equipment
- Housewares: dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, lamps and small appliances
- Collectibles, antiques, knick-knacks and other giftware
- Hand tools and small power tools
- Domestics: linens, curtains, blankets, etc.
- Electronics: stereos, radios, VCRs, DVD players, etc.
- Furniture: dressers, tables, sofas, bed frames, (except waterbed frames) etc.
- Other large items
- No household chemical products such as pesticides, paint, paint thinner, drain cleaner, oven cleaner, aerosols and other environmentally-unfriendly waste products
- No automotive hazardous waste such as tires, lead acid batteries, additives, gasoline, oils, antifreeze, etc.
- No large appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, stoves/oven, washers/dryers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, furnaces, microwaves, trash compactors, water heaters, large console stereos, freon-based appliances, etc that are not in working condition
- No personal care items such as shampoo, conditioner, nail polish remover, shaving cream, hairsprays, shavers, curling irons
- No fragrance items
- Nomattresses/box springs, including waterbed mattresses and waterbed frames
- No carpet or carpet padding
- No plumbing fixtures or building materials
- No traditional recyclables such as glass, newsprint, office paper, cardboard, plastics, magazines, junk mail, etc.
- No weapons such as guns, bows and arrows, ammunition, hunting knives, etc.
- No cribs, car seats, walkers or other products that do not meet the current safety standards of the US Consumer Products Safety Commission, including recalled items
By donating to Goodwill, you also help the environment!
When items don’t sell in stores, we pursue other ways to keep items out of landfills such as cutting cotton t-shirts into cleaning rags to sell to local businesses and recycling items such as books, clothing, and stuffed animals.