Important information about pickups:
Currently, our pickup service is limited to those donating furniture and/or household goods so we can prioritize assistance to donors with oversized items. While it is hard to say “no” to donations, we are unable to accept some items.
Goodwill of South Central Ohio does not accept any furniture that is ripped, stained, broken, damaged or is in need of any cleaning, assembly, or repair. We cannot take donations of broken items, pianos, mattresses, box springs, tube TVs, out dated computers, or appliances that do not work. Our drivers reserve the right to refuse an item that does not meet these standards.
Please consult the Donation Guide before scheduling a pickup.
- Personal computers
- Televisions (ONLY NON TUBE TYPE)
- Clothing, shoes and boots
- Hats, gloves, mittens and scarves
- Books, records, compact disks, video tapes and DVDs
- Games, toys and sports equipment
- Housewares: dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, lamps and small appliances
- Collectibles, antiques, knick-knacks and other giftware
- Hand tools and small power tools
- Domestics: linens, curtains, blankets, etc.
- Electronics: stereos, radios, VCRs, DVD players, etc.
- Furniture: dressers, tables, sofas, bed frames, (except waterbed frames) etc.
- Other large items
- No household chemical products such as pesticides, paint, paint thinner, drain cleaner, oven cleaner, aerosols and other environmentally-unfriendly waste products
- No automotive hazardous waste such as tires, lead acid batteries, additives, gasoline, oils, antifreeze, etc.
- No large appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, stoves/oven, washers/dryers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, furnaces, microwaves, trash compactors, water heaters, large console stereos, freon-based appliances, etc that are not in working condition
- No personal care items such as shampoo, conditioner, nail polish remover, shaving cream, hairsprays, shavers, curling irons
- No fragrance items
- Nomattresses/box springs, including waterbed mattresses and waterbed frames
- No carpet or carpet padding
- No plumbing fixtures or building materials
- No traditional recyclables such as glass, newsprint, office paper, cardboard, plastics, magazines, junk mail, etc.
- No weapons such as guns, bows and arrows, ammunition, hunting knives, etc.
- No cribs, car seats, walkers or other products that do not meet the current safety standards of the US Consumer Products Safety Commission, including recalled items
For safety and liability reasons, our drivers are not permitted to enter a private residence or move items up/down stairs. NO exceptions. Donations must be placed outside, visible and clearly marked for Goodwill, by 10 a.m. on your pickup day.
Please fill out the form below completely so we can best determine when we can fit your pickup into our schedule before we call you. We schedule pickups from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. While you will be given a specific date for your pickup, the arrival time could be at any point during that window depending on other pickups scheduled for the day.