Providing services for those with disabilities and disadvantages at no cost wouldn’t be possible without donors across our eight counties providing items to sell in our stores. More than 65,900 donors provided items to our Goodwill stores in 2019. In our region alone, more than 1.5 million pounds of textiles including clothing, stuffed animals, books, shoes, and computers was diverted from landfills through our salvage program in 2019.
Another nearly 13,000 pounds of clothing – usually cotton t-shirts – was made into rags and sold to local businesses and factories. Goodwill of South Central Ohio also generates revenue through Medicaid reimbursement when applicable and by selling protective gloves to businesses and public agencies like correctional facilities and schools.
Did you know you can shop at Goodwill at home?
Love shopping at Goodwill? Do you also enjoy online shopping? Get the best of both worlds by visiting our Shop Goodwill store!
You can bid on items, use the BUY IT NOW option, and have your new purchase shipped to your home.
- Personal computers
- Televisions (ONLY NON TUBE TYPE)
- Clothing, shoes and boots
- Hats, gloves, mittens and scarves
- Books, records, compact disks, video tapes and DVDs
- Games, toys and sports equipment
- Housewares:dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, lamps and small appliances
- Collectibles, antiques, knick-knacks and other giftware
- Hand tools and small power tools
- Domestics: linens, curtains, blankets, etc.
- Electronics: Stereos, radios, VCRs, DVD players, etc.
- Furniture: Dressers, tables, sofas, bed frames, (except waterbed frames) etc.
- Other large items
- No household chemical products such as pesticides, paint, paint thinner, drain cleaner, oven cleaner, aerosols and other environmentally-unfriendly wast products
- No automotive hazardous waste such as tires, lead acid batteries, additives, gasoline, oils, antifreeze, etc.
- No large appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, stoves/oven, washers/dryers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, furnaces, microwaves, trash compactors, water heaters, large console stereos, freon-based appliances, etc that are not in working condition
- No personal care items such as shampoo, conditioner, nail polish remover, shaving cream, hairsprays, shavers, curling irons
- No fragrance items
- N mattresses/box springs, including waterbed mattresses and waterbed frames
- No carpet or carpet padding
- No plumbing fixtures or building materials
- No traditional recyclables such as glass, newsprint, office paper, cardboard, plastics, magazines, junk mail, etc.
- No weapons such as guns, bows and arrows, ammunition, ,hunting knives, etc.
- No cribs, car seats, walkers or other products that do not meet the current safety standards of the US Consumer Products Safety Commission, including recalled items
Pounds of items kept out of landfills through our salvage program